(I) HUALIEN PORT DEVELOPMENT POSITIONING
(II) HUALIEN PORT DEVELOPMENT POSITIONING
The port land is programmed into a multi-functional wharf area, warehouse area, free trade port area, recreational area, professional fishery area, and port service business area as a whole
- The main international port in the eastern Taiwan.
- The main exporting port of cement and mineral in the eastern Taiwan.
- The direct sailing port between Mainland China and Taiwan.
- The main island-round shipping port.
- The tourism and waterfront port.
This area is for vessel berthing purposes.
Warehouse Area and Free Trade Zone
The two areas manage transportation and warehouse facilities, transition facilities, logistic center, storage and related facilities, factory and operation places, affiliated office, warehouses, parking lot weight spots, factory registration products related trading business, power plant and affiliated facilities, high-pressure gas manufacturing equipment and affiliated equipment, affiliated facilities of gas and gasoline storage, petrol stations and gas stations, and other affiliated facilities under the permission of Port of Hualien, Taiwan International Ports Corporation, LTD.
This area will conduct a sight-seeing hotel, an integrated recreational park, waterfront recreational facilities, anchoring and/or berthing facilities for recreational vessels or ships, recreational construction and structure things, gas-filling facilities for ships and/or vessels, a recreational anchoring wharf and maintenance facilities, and other facilities under the agreement of Port of Hualien, Taiwan International Ports Corporation, LTD.
Professional Fishery Area:
The scheme of this area is to be a multi-functional fishing port for both regular fishing and recreational fishery.
Port Service Business Area:
This area is set for the port service organization and affiliated facilities.
(III) THE CONTENT OF THE HUALIEN PORT EXECUTION PLAN BETWEEN 2002-2006
1.Port Fundamental and Public Facilities
(IV) THE EXPECTED BENEFIT OF THE CONSTRUCTION PLAN
2.Warehouse Platform Facilities
- Research on the improvement of resonance between port and pond as well as the research on preventing soil deposit.
- Lighthouse installation project at the front of the eastern breakwater.
- Long-term monitoring plan of outer port.
- Renewal of the port area communication roads project, which has been completed 1,209 meters in 2003.
- Railway removal plan of the port area.
- Repairing berthing platform will be opened for yacht berthing and repairing area.
- Construction of preventing wharf steel plate pile erosion.
- Installation of vessel AIS logging-in system.
- Update of computer system.
- Waterfront recreation area in the west of inner-port course.
- Pollution prevention plan of gravel sand wharf.
- Construction of external-loop path in the north-shore area.
- The purpose is to encourage the civilian business to cooperate with port authority to manage the storage area to handle logistic warehousing business.
- The target is to complete the communication roads in port area, and to readjust the outer-port stack place and strengthen pollution prevention measures after the port district railroad removal.
- Traffic Construction
- To conduct the communication roads construction project between inner and outer ports in order to make the convenient traffic courses inside the port. On the other hand, it will reduce the traffic of trucks on city roads and therefore enhance the recreational quality in the seashore area of Hualien city.
- The main purpose of the external-loop construction in the port north-shore area is to directly guide the heavy truck traffic into the port in order to solve the environmental pollution caused by the trucks while increasing the environment quality in that area.
- Port Security
- The research on the improvement of resonance between port and pond and the research on the prevention of the soil deposit are to find solutions to the Hualien Port Pond unstable problem.
- The installation project of the lighthouse at the front of the eastern breakwater and the vessel AIS logging-in system are to ensure the safety for the vessels when entering the port.
- The installation of port computer system is to reduce the management cost and increase port administration operation efficiency.
- The long-term monitoring plan of outer port is to get the updated information. The prediction of the facility repair timing will not only reduce related expenses, but also ensure the port routine operations to reduce the loss of operation revenues.
- The construction of preventing wharf steel plate pile erosion is to maintain the security of the wharf.
- Tourism Development
The projects include the waterfront recreation area in the west of inner-port course, the plan of cycling lane in the outer-port recreation area, the enhancement of the gravel wharf pollution plan, the establishment of the anchoring platform as the yacht berthing and repairing area.