mobile menu button
Hualien Port locates in eastern Taiwan facing the Pacific Ocean in the east, sitting next to the Central Mountain Range in the west. It is an artificial harbor protected by eastern and western breakwaters. Hualien Port was built since October 1930 and completed in 1939 handling the transportation of local granulated sugar to Japan as well as that of island-round cargos. After 1949, in order to enhance the district prosperity and industrial development of the eastern coast, the government started expanding the harbor in 1959 and declared it as one of the four international harbors in September 1st, 1963.